policy and special-interest areas
In the Strategic Business Plan for 2009-2013 we
identify and discuss five strategic objectives. Our objectives
for the next five years are:
- Clear all assessment backlogs by 2011
- Continue to develop a scientifically robust, consistent and
transparent assessment system
- Assist and invest in efforts to strengthen the medicinal
product regulatory chain, both at national and European level
- Strengthen scientific underpinning
- Knowledge must be translated and disseminated.
The MEB special interest areas include:
- central nervous system
- female hormones
- cardiovascular (including diabetes)
- oncology / haematology
Plans have been set out for each special interest area about the
- Primarily taking on new reporterships if the relevant
indications pertain to the special interest areas.
- Primarily adopting
scientific advice (national), scientific advice (international)
and reportership for
Paediatric Investigation Plans if the relevant indications
pertain to the special interest areas.
- Finding and maintaining cooperation ties with external experts
who are leaders in the field of a special interest area.
- Signing covenants with expertise centres that are leaders in
the field of a special interest area. Progress will be evaluated
- Providing optimal support to internal assessors in maintaining
their level of scientific knowledge in the field of a special
interest area by attending conferences, research,